So here they are. I will revisit this page throughout the year and mark off each item as I am done.
- Sew something from The Colette Sewing Handbook. Most likely a Meringue Skirt.
- Sew something from Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing. In fact, I plan to sew a number of things from this book this year. These include (in no particular order).
- Pencil skirt with flounce. I really like the flounce, page 132
- The Portrait blouse. Page 137. A sweet simple blouse.
- The Sultry Sheath with a half circle skirt. Page 143. I'm already ahead on this one as I have a muslin that fits from when I made this for Lesley.
- Peter Pan Blouse. Page 160. Love the back buttons and collar.
- Wiggle Dress or Brocade Dress. Page 175. Which version I make depends on the season when I get to it. The Wiggle Dress would be great for winter.
- 1940's zip front dress. Page 186. I want to duplicate this dress, right down to the lace on the hem. I just love it. Whether I do depends solely on getting my hands on suitable fabric.
- Another Burda Jenny Pencil Skirt.
- A couple of versions of McCalls 5523, a pencil skirt with cute back details.
- Something using the Tessuti Lace I won (yayyy) from Poppykettle. I'm busting to use it but want to make a worthy project.
|And a lovely bundle it is too. Its a gorgeous cotton lace of beautiful quality.|
- Something using this cotton navy lace. I feel that 2013 will be a lace year for me. I'm actually thinking of making a peplum top and pencil skirt outfit in this.
I just can't decide on the underlining. Here it is with cream silk. Thinking a navy or black would be better?
- Something from my unexpected win at BurdaStyle. The book includes a couple of cute bags/totes and a little girl dress as well as a panel of Spoonflower fabric, perfect to use to make one of the totes. Considering that I've always been a "never win anything" person, following sewing blogs has had a totally unexpected side benefit of winning free stuff. Who would have thought!!??
|My prize from BurdaStyle. Thank you BurdaStyle.|
- A sheath dress, pattern to be decided. I have a few to choose from, including a few McCall's from the last SewingPattern.com sale. I have a weakness, I really do.
- A Sewaholic Cambie dress, most likely the view with the A-line skirt.
- A pair of Sewaholic Thurlows
- A blouse using either Simplicity 2501 or 2601.
- A dress using Simplicity 2588
- A maxi dress, pattern to be decided, I have a few to choose from.
- A maxi skirt
- A Maria Denmark Day to Night Drape top, or two.
- Finish the Sassy Librarian Blouse from Craftsy
- Finish the Couture Dress Class from Craftsy
- An Anise Jacket would also be heavenly but I don't know if that is possible this year.
That's roughly 22 things on my wish list for this year, which is roughly something every two weeks. I think it is a tad ambitious considering my life but it is possible and my sad little wardrobe will be amazing by the end of it if I manage to get all this done (currently my 6 year old has more clothes than me. Its a sad state of affairs). Everything I also already have the patterns in my stash (yayy) so note to self: STOP BUYING PATTERNS. YOU HAVE ENOUGH!!!! To which I reply to self, mockingly: "Darling, you can NEVER have enough fabric or patterns". True. True. I'll try to restrain myself though.
OK, reading that back I am surprised at how much I would like to do. Its more than I expected when I first sat down to write a list. Lets see what the year brings. I am looking forward to the possibilities.